Chemex 3 Cup Coffee Maker
The Chemex brewer doesn't just look elegant, it also brews coffee without imparting any flavours of its own, creating clear, pure, flavourful coffee without bitterness or sediment.
The pour over brewer makes smooth tasting coffee every time using the Chemex paper filters. It brews a clean cup and maintains body and balanced floral notes.
Not only does it brew a mighty fine cup of joe, it is a beautiful accessory for the kitchen too.
- Brand: Chemex
- Range: Classic
- Material: non-porous, heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Size: 3-cup
- Capacity: 550ml
- Filter: Chemex Half Moon Paperfilters (not included)
- Filter lifespan: single use
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie
- Dimensions: H: 209.5 x Dia: 76mm
How to use
1. Rinse filter. Place filter paper in funnel and pour boiling water around the top of the funnel so that all of it is wet. Empty bleached water in Chemex by tipping it out but leave paper in funnel.
2. Add coffee. Place ground coffee into paper and give the Chemex a wiggle so the coffee bed is flat.
3. Add water. If you have scales its time to tare and start timer. Pour hot water over the coffee until all is wet. Swirl around gently with a teaspoon so there are no lumps. When 30 seconds has passed, add remaining water slowly by pouring in a slow, circular movement until the desired volume of water.
4. Gentle swirl. Once some of the water has filtered, pick up the Chemex and give it a gentle swirl to catch any coffee left on the top rim.
5. Brew. Total brew time should be around 4 minutes.
6. Swirl. Remove filter and swirl the brewed coffee in the Chemex to mix the sweet, sour and bitter flavours together to get the perfect flavour.
7. Enjoy. Serve in your favourite cup and enjoy.
Don't forget to purchase your Chemex filter papers.