REUSABLE VS SINGLE-USE
How Much Will You Save?
If you're thinking of switching to reusable pods, it's more-than-likely because you're keen to do your part to help the planet. But no doubt you're also keen to save money too. So, if you want to know much you will save when you switch to reusable pods, read on...
The Cost of Sealpod stainless steel Capsules
- The cost of a Nespresso compatible pod is £16.50*
- The lifespan of a pod is 10+ years (that's 3650 days)
- Therefore the cost of 1 SealPod per day over 10 years is £0.004
- So the average annual cost of SealPod is £1.46
In summary, it will cost you less than 1p per day for SealPod when you work out your initial investment and divide it by it's lifespan of 10 years.
Let's not forget the coffee...
- The average price of coffee for a reusable pod is £0.15**
- The average number of coffees per day is 2
- Therefore, the average cost of coffee per year would be £109.50
So, the average annual cost per person of using a reusable pod (and filling them with our coffee) is £110.96, based on the assumptions above.
* Cost of Nespresso SealPod based on a 2 pack.
** Coffee price calculated using our No.3 Perfect for Pods coffee based on a subscription discount with free delivery included.
The Cost of SINGLE-USE or compostable CAPSULES
- The average cost of a single-use pod is £0.32*
- If you have 2 coffees per day, that's £0.64 per day.
- You'll be sending 730 capsules to landfill each year (or composting them)
- Over a year, you'd be spending £233.60 on coffee.
So, the average annual cost of using single-use pods is £233.60, based on the assumptions above.
*Coffee price calculated using Nespresso average priced coffee capsule based on a subscription discount.
If you're planning on switching for good, then you'll make over a 50% saving on your annual coffee costs. Not only that, you will also be saving 730 pods going to landfill and saving 30kg of greenhouse gases being emitted into the atmosphere each year. It's a win-win-win situation!